[Wine] Re: Foobar 2000 and Wine: terrible sound problem.

hizKYPVooz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 27 11:50:43 CDT 2012

Thanks for your responses.

@Ma Xiaojun: No, I update the kernel whenever possible or necessary so it was a different kernel. The Wine version that did work back then was 1.3.29 (I've looked it up...).

@dimesio: I'm happy to get rid of that Winepulse.drv driver but I don't even know where it comes from. I guess installing directmusic or dsound did it. Because it appeared after installing those files.

Anyway, the modern Wine versions choose automatically the sound driver so apparently Wine *thinks* Winepulse.drv is appropriate whether or not it is supported.

So I guess the only way of getting rid of winepulse is removing it.
How can I do this in a safe manner?