[Wine] Re: downgrade from 1.5 to 1.4

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 27 16:18:21 CDT 2012

labud wrote:
> At the risk of sounding like a fool, Is there a page that has instructions to do this?

A wineprefix is just the directory where Wine stores its fake c: drive. The default is ~/.wine, but you can specify a different location with the WINEPREFIX variable. The WINEARCH variable tells Wine to make the wineprefix pure 32 bit; if you don't specify that, and have 64 bit Wine installed, Wine will create a 64 bit wineprefix (which is what you have). Just use the command I gave you above, but substitute the actual path to the wineprefix.

> I am not sure I understand what I should install  [perhaps WinMX ???]

Install WinMX to the new wineprefix.

Some more information on wineprefixes: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-faf9617c53607e583f6e6ff70a4ac9522d490faf