[Wine] Re: Guild Wars 2 for wine - what is needed?

lensor wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 29 06:59:12 CDT 2012

J V wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g6smwwtSEo - 10 minutes of linux gameplay (With commentary)
>
> Perfect. Flawless. Fantastic.
>
> Nuff said.

Can I ask how you recorded that? I get the same flawless performance in-game, but cannot seem to record it proper (choppy video and out-of-sync sound :( ).

I have tried to specifically look at things like shadows, reflections, zooming, texture changes etc. Basically stuff that works "iffy" for GW1 (which uses the same basic engine), but everything looks really good. :)

My setup for the interested:
wine 1.5.3, emulating Win7 (allow the windows manager to capture the window, no special regedits etc)
Pulseaudio
Linux 3.3.3-1-ARCH
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.33GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
Nvidia GeForce GTX570 (driver version 295.40)
12 (6x2) GB 1333 MHz
SSD HD