[Wine] Re: Evernote Cannot Connect To Internet

hdave wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 30 09:24:32 CDT 2012

Apparently, POL uses the default system version of wine unless otherwise specified, so I was in fact using Wine 1.5.3 -- which doesn't work.

What really caused me to waste time was that the default version of Wine in the Ubuntu repo is 1.4.0 -- which for some reason doesn't work whereas the 1.4 that comes from POL does!!!

So to summarize:

1) Use POL and use it to install Wine 1.4 and it will Just Work with EN-4.5.4

2) Do not use the Wine 1.4.0 from the Ubuntu repo.

3) Wine 1.3.0 -- installer crashes.