[Wine] Mouse jumps in wine

WTQ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 2 00:52:40 CST 2012

I'm trying to run Nox and Dungeon Keeper 2 games in wine
It installs with no errors and seems to be working, but they both have same issue - mouse is acting strange in main menu - when I'm trying to click on any place in menu - mouse cursor jumps somewhere to the bottom right corner. Obviously, I can't even start the game.

    It happens in windowed and fullscreen mods with any version of windows (tried to set 7, XP, 2000, 98). Tried to set MouseWarpOverride to "disable", as said in DK2 install guide - no effect, mouse just becomes slower. Tried to set mouse capture in fullscreen windows - no effect at all.

Another game,Diablo 2 works flawlessly, sound, mouse etc. is fine.

My PC is acer 1825ptz (Intel E7300, GMA 4500MHD, 320 GB hard drive, 3 GB of RAM, touchscreen 11.6 Cando, synaptics touchpad)
OS - amd64 Debian "Wheezy" testing, kernel 2.6.38 (problem exists on 2.6.35 as well), wine version 1.3.37, built from source (This mouse issue also happened in wine 1.0 which is in debian repos)