[Wine] regedit fails to start under RHEL 5.7

Gilles Depeyrot gsd at dolphin.fr
Thu Feb 2 01:24:02 CST 2012

Hi,

We distribute an application with winelib, and one of our customers has
problems starting the application on one of his machines: it often (but
not always) fails with the messages:

err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd
L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (1359)
err:wineboot:start_services_process Couldn't start services.exe: error 1359

After some investigation, we found that he has the same problems running
the regedit program, with only the second error message.

The wine release for our application is 1.2.3, but the problem with
regedit also happens with 1.3.36.
The Linux version is RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.7.
The problem occurs systematically on the customer machine, but we have
not succeeded in reproducing it.

Any idea what might be the problem or where we should search?

Best regards,
Gilles