[Wine] Can't run Milkshape 1.8.5 beta 2

Mark Sachs wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 3 20:11:56 CST 2012

Hi,

I'm on Mac OSX Snow Leopard, trying to use Wine to run the most recent version of Milkshape 3D. I installed it using MacPorts and everything seems to be running smoothly; I was able to run the installer without trouble. However, when I actually try to run the program (cd to the Milkshape directory, 'wine ms3d.exe') nothing happens: the HD spins a few moments, X starts up, but after that, nothing. It just sits. Has anyone else run into this problem?

I did follow the instructions in the application database and obtain and copy the needed DLLs into both the Milkshape directory and System32. While this allowed me to run without a missing DLL error, the application just sits and never does anything.