[Wine] 1.4 rc 2 Failed to connect to the mount manager

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 5 09:39:18 CST 2012

Hi. I've been hunting and reporting bugs for Wine lately, and when I went to the Drives tab of winecfg in 1.4 rc 2, it said "Failed to connect to the mount manager, the drive configuration cannot be edited."

Then when I launch Hype the Time Quest in Wine 1.4 rc 2, it can't find the CD and refuses to install.

I didn't have that issue before with Wine 1.4 rc 2 and Hype. Both the time I didn't have an issue and this time I'm dealing with a clean prefix for Hype.

When I close out of that and have Wine 1.4 rc 2 run the winecfg for another prefix, the Drives tab loads just fine.

I made a new prefix and Wine 1.4 rc 2 could run Hype out of that.

Seems like something was just wrong with the prefix.

Is there a bug worth reporting here, or do I just look the other way?

In terminal I got this:
err:winecfg:open_mountmgr failed to open mount manager err 2

I know some bugs only reveal themselves once in a blue moon and are hard to get. I was wondering if this could be one of them.

Jake