[Wine] Re: getting apps in wine to access a network computer

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 7 07:21:39 CST 2012

orosman wrote:
> I don't understand what is meant in the wine user guide under network shares. Do I need to create folders?

The user guide is pretty explicit. You need to create a unc directory if you don't have one, and then create a symlink in that directory to wherever you've mounted the network share:

Code:
ln -s /mnt/smb/myserver/some unc/myserver/some

You do the above in the command line, substituting the actual paths.