[Wine] installing EasyRoyalties (MS Access application)

wfzimmerman wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 8 12:25:16 CST 2012

I am trying to install EasyRoyalties, a Microsoft Access application for managing book publishing info.

I have installed Wine 1.3.28, changed the permissions on the exe file to u+wrx, and double-clicked.  I get the first two screens of the Windows setup dialog (welcome and accept terms), then it silently fails.  I ran wine start ER.exe from the command line and it gives me these two error messages then fails:

Code:
fz at weirwood:~/.wine/drive_c/users$ wine start EasyRoyalties31145U_setup.exe
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
wfz at weirwood:~/.wine/drive_c/users$ fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.

How should I proceed to trouble-shoot this?