[Wine] Re: Regression help please

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 10 08:17:06 CST 2012

A Nonny Moose wrote:

> If I have created a new wineprefix per the instructions can I just use winetricks to install the libraries I need or do I have to do further handsprings?

You can use winetricks, but you will have to tell it to use the Wine you compiled yourself or it will use the one installed on your system:

Code:

WINEPREFIX=/path/to/wineprefix WINE=/path/to/wine-git/wine sh winetricks whatever

(substitute the actual paths and winetricks verb; if winetricks is installed from a distro package, you don't need the sh)

If you don't do that, Wine will update the wineprefix to your installed version when you run winetricks, then your wine-git Wine will update it again when you run the app using that version. That may not make a difference, but it does have the potential to cloud your test results.