[Wine] Re: K9 web protection installation fails with wine under ubuntu

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 13 05:46:55 CST 2012

Nx-01 wrote:
> Yes, it is an old amd k8 cpu socket 754 without virtualization accelaration.
>
> Now I'll change the host with a core2duo

That doesn't answer my question. What is the host operating system, and why aren't you installing in that?

> Ah, do you know if an application installed with wine becomes portable?
>
> Can I bring the installed application to another computer like a clone?

You can copy the wineprefix to another computer, but may have to change some things in the registry.

FYI, I downloaded the app. It tries to install a driver and fails. I suspect it's something that requires access to the Windows kernel, and hence will never work in Wine, because there is no Windows kernel.