[Wine] AMD/ATI or Nvidia

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:53:06 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:15 PM, phildaman46 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I'm already using an Nvidia GTX 560 and have most of my games running in Wine with no
> problems. I was just curious to know if AMD GPUs have improved since I last used them. Looks like they haven't as I
> suspected. Thanks for clearing that up.

It is not that the AMD/ATI video cards are poor, just the drivers.
Intel video is junk, all around.  For now, nVidia is leading the way
for high quality Linux video drivers.  That may never change unless
AMD/ATI sees a large move to Linux.  I've been there with ATI and
another OS back in the 1990s.

James