[Wine] Re: Entropia Universe on Arch Linux (x86_64)

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Feb 16 09:15:27 CST 2012

Davvvve wrote:

> Did you patch it with latest wine 1.4.rc-3 ?

Yes; the patch still applies cleanly.

I also found from subsequent tests that installing vcrun2005 & 2008 with winetricks is not necessary after all; it was a coincidence that the installer worked after I tried that. I did more testing, and found the crash after the installer updates vcrun2005 seems to be random, and just trying again from the start until it works is enough.  One other thing I found: use wine start /Unix and the full path to run the installer to get around bug 14140.