[Wine] Re: Direct3d ? whats the deal

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 18 11:32:33 CST 2012

@b_m_l

What version of Deus Ex (1,2,3??)

I certainly find Deus Ex 1 runs fine with either OpenGL or DirectX (ARCH 64-bit + Geforce 8800 GTX) - using any 1.3.xx version of Wine. Deus Ex : HR is not well supported at all and runs very slowly and with multiple graphical errors - when I tried it with Wine 1.3.36. It's graphics engine (even in DX9 mode is a bit to much for Wine to cope with).

I presume you've read the ARCH wiki on Wine? Are you using a 32-bit Wineprefix (multilib Wine defaults to 64-bit)?

Bob