[Wine] Keyboard input freezes Pixologic Sculptris.

artao wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Feb 18 18:29:21 CST 2012

Hey,
I've reported this over at the Pixologic Sculptris forums as well, and it appears to be a known prolblem; altho it's uncertain if it's a Sculptris or Wine problem. Regardless, Sculptris under Wine isn't "officially supported", sooo I come here.
What happens is this: Mouse input works fine for sculpting, along with the shift, control, and alt keys. The problem is when hitting any other keyboard key, say 'S' to switch to a smooth brush or 'H' to hide geometry .. doesns't matter which .. the interface becomes 'frozen' .. i.e. stops refreshing, no input accepted ... until I roll-unroll the window's titlebar or focus a different window and go back to Sculptris.
Keyboard input is quite important for this software.
I hope this can be somehow fixed.
Thanks! =]

currently running Ubuntu 11.10 with KDE, altho I have XFCE installed to .. the problem occurs under both DEs.