[Wine] Re: Workarounds for Splinter Cell: Conviction

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 21 06:21:56 CST 2012

janverm wrote:
> Hi
>
> I don't know how else to share my info with other people eager to play this nice game, so I guess the forum would be a good starting point.

It's not rocket science. Get the fix out in the wild (which you have done). Make sure at least one or two other user can use the 'fix' to confirm it works.

Then why not volunteer as a maintainer for the application on WineHQ AppDB? Then you will be able to recommend work arounds to get the game working in the Splinter Cell: Conviction page wiki...

Updating AppDB is more useful than submitting a test report which **must** give the game a Garbage rating (since it will not work well/ at all with vanilla Wine) - will be buried by other reports and probably not looked at by users (given the rating you will have to give).

Just a quick comment the RAW3.INPUT patch is a fairly well known fix for applications that need to use raw mouse/keyboard input. It helped me get Deus Ex: HR limping along recently (other graphics problems hamper that game).

Bob