[Wine] Re: Wine on the Mac?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 22 16:52:53 CST 2012

To use normal plain Wine yourself on a Mac means you have to compile the source yourself and run it fro the command line... its not exactly simple.  Macports, as mentioned, is usually the easiest way to go because it takes care of all the hard parts for you... it will download, compile, and install things correctly and automatically without you having to be a tech expert... but Wine through it is still all command line usage.
http://www.macports.org/

You can also check out some Third Party Programs that use Wine... but those are supported elsewhere, and not on this forum.  The best paid-for version is Crossover, hands down, no competition... they do have a free trial.
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

There are other options like Wineskin (which is my own project so I'm a bit biased in thinking its really good), which basically tries to make your Windows app into a normal Mac app.
http://wineskin.doh123.com/

There are some other tools also listed on the Third Party Page.
http://wiki.winehq.org/ThirdPartyApplications