[Wine] Re: UXTheme and Vista Styles potential problem

Thunderbird wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 24 00:13:24 CST 2012

The way we render the controls in Wine is not correct which causes the limited theming we have not to work properly. Big parts of the code have to be rewritten and done differently. In the old days buttons and other widgets lived within user32 but the themed versions live inside comctl32. We need to do proper class redirection and themed drawing.

Just to get an idea what the current code does. For instance a button is currently a 'classic' button for which we overwrite the drawing part. This is not correct and causes weird rendering issues. There are some bug reports on bugzilla about this.