[Wine] Re: Trouble with directx

dc_wmj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 24 06:52:55 CST 2012

Starting 3d studio from the terminal gives some error-messages at least. This is the output:

Code:
wine ./3dsmax.exe
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000} could be created for context 0x1
err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
---------------------------
 Havok - Build (0)
 Base system initialized.
----------------------------
---------------------------
 Havok - Build (0)
 Base system initialized.
----------------------------
---------------------------
 Havok - Build (0)
 Base system initialized.
----------------------------
---------------------------
 Havok - Build (0)
 Base system initialized.
----------------------------
---------------------------
 Havok - Build (0)
 Base system initialized.
----------------------------
 Havok - Build (0)
 Base system initialized.
 Havok - Build (0)
 Base system initialized.

It seems there is some opengl-error. Outside wine glxgears is running fine. Other programs can use opengl without problems. I googled around a bit: OpenGL-trouble with wine often is caused by missing ia32libs. They are installed on my 64bit-ubuntu. What else could do the trick?
                                                                    [/code]