[Wine] Re: Unable to run Pass 11

lahmbi5678 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 24 08:02:49 CST 2012

Hi,

see http://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu

> Do I need to uninstall the version I have before I upgrade?

No. But it is probably a good idea to start with a new ("clean") wine prefix (this is the .wine folder, in which wine stores its information and where software is installed by wine by default). You can simply move or rename the .wine folder, wine will create a new 'empty' .wine folder automatically when run the next time. By simply moving/renaming the backup folder to ".wine" you can restore your old wine config including options and installed windows software.

> I don't know about mono or .NET. How do I check?

 see http://www.ncss.com/pass11_systemreq.html
if this is the software in question, then you'll need .NET 3.5 SP1
this would be installed by issuing "winetricks dotnet35 dotnet35sp1" in a terminal, wine's support for .Net 3.5 is still flaky, so expect trouble.

You could try "winetricks mono" in (another clean) wine prefix, though the chances might be a bit lower than with MS .NET. Again, please don't mix .Net and Mono in one wine prefix. Other winetricks might be needed.

If something goes wrong please post terminal output.