[Wine] Re: Guild Wars (Platinum Application) now broken

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Feb 24 16:13:10 CST 2012

Zakhar wrote:

> So on 10.04-LTS, GW is still broken with the standard wine that comes with the LTS: wine 1.2.2
>
> But after adding the wine guys repo and upgrading to 1.3.37, I concur, it works again.
> Only little difference, the sound issue is worse.  [Crying or Very sad]

1.3.37 is still rather old; the current development release is 1.4-rc5 (out today). Sound problems are being actively worked on, and people have reported improvements since 1.4-rc3, so it is worth upgrading. However, if you are using PulseAudio, you need to have the latest version of it and alsa-plugins installed, as both had bugs affecting Wine that have been fixed.  I don't know if a new enough of version of either is available for that old a version of Ubuntu.