[Wine] Re: Trouble with directx

dc_wmj wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Feb 26 06:34:31 CST 2012

This is so frustrating: Searching on the net for

> "fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats"

gives so many different forum-results, most of them not solved. In many cases they end up in bug-reports. Some threats recommend updating wine. Others recommend switching off opengl at all.

Since the wine in crossover already is 1.3.9, I don't see a reason to upgrade my plain-wine (now 1.2.3) again, risking even more compatibility-issues. OpenGL is just not working in the three wine-versions I tested up to now for my ATI-card. Wine 1.2.2, Wine 1.2.3 and Crossover-Wine 1.3.9 are all giving the same error. I really don't think another update would fix it. The bug doesn't seem to be known.