[Wine] Is there an easier way of doing this?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:36:34 CST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Jekktis <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> Tlarhices wrote:
>> "apt-get build-dep wine-dev" should get you all (or at least most of)
>> the dependencies at once (the package name may be different)
>>

> oh ok, I was following the instructions on this site for compiling. Does this replace the 'make depend' command? if
> it does then I would just do 'make', then 'make install', correct?

make depend or make deps has been deprecated for quite some time and
should actually be removed from the code base and give an error
message.

Use the apt-get command and then:

./configure <with any variables/changes you need/want>
make
sudo made install (the installer does require root privileges but
running Wine does not and should not be done.)

James