[Wine] Re: Everquest 2 and Wine 1.3.37

Jimbo99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Feb 27 21:40:37 CST 2012

I had the same issue on EQ.  I would launch it from the icon and it would begin and stop at a black rectangle in the center of the screen.  If I launched it from the terminal it would indicate that it (launchpad.exe) had crashed.

I remembered recently upgrading to nVidia drivers numbered ...295.20...

I uninstalled it and rebooted.

Then in downloaded and installed the nVidia drivers numbered ...290.10...

Apparently the game would not run under the 295.20 numbered driver, but would run under the 290.10.

I'm sure the driver release just prior to the 295.20 driver would work.

Just goes to show you how little they regression test their drivers.