[Wine] workflow using git for translations

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 28 04:00:50 CST 2012

I did a first set of minor translations to become familiar with the process. These changes have been committed in "main" wine git (how do you call it?).

In the meanwhile, I did a bunch of changes. Now I want to create a patch for these changes. I did a

> git stash save

(and I had a copy of the file somewhere else) and then a

> git pull
Auto-merging po/pt_PT.po
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in po/pt_PT.po
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

How can I see the conflicts? I guess they are actually the changes I've sent in the first place. But I'm not sure how to deal with this.

I also tried:

> git fetch; git rebase origin
cannot rebase: you have unstaged changes
U	po/pt_PT.po
M	po/pt_PT.po

How can I make this work??