[Wine] RPM removal double check requested

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Feb 28 15:13:04 CST 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 12:49 -0600, dimesio wrote:
> ToddAndMargo wrote:
> >
> > I will be wanting to remove my 64 bit wine and replacing it with more updated 32 bit wine packages.  As far as I can tell, all of the Wine packages start with "wine".  So I was thinking that the following would scrub the old guy clean out.
> >
> > rpm -e $(rpm -qa wine\*)
> >
> > Am I missing anything?
> >

> You really need to ask your distro, as this is a package manager/packaging question.

I'd use yum (assuming it follows the Redhat model and uses it as its
package manager.

"yum line 'wine*'" shows what packages are installed.

My 32 bit Fedora 16 system shows many more installed packages than
you've listed for Wine 1.3.37.

"yum erase 'wine*'" will wipe them out.

'yum install packagename...' will put the 32 bit wine packages back.
You'll have to work out what name to use for 32 bit packages from a 64
bit distro install, but FWIW all my wine packages have 'arch' set to
i686, e.g. wine.i686.rpm, so 'wine*.i686' might be a good starting
point. Check it first with 'yum list 'wine*.i686' and then run 'yum info
packagename' on the first listed package to see if it looks like what
you want.

Martin