[Wine] wine crashes

malbec wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 28 22:38:29 CST 2012

I am trying to use wine to compile a console program (daemon) under linux using winegcc and referencing a windows dll. The windows dll, depending on its usage, will either read data from disk or receive data (via IPC) from a windows exe file. Wine seems to load and run the windows exe OK, and the winegcc program will compile and run (for the most part) as intended, save the following issues:

soon after launch of the winegcc program I receive the following error message to stdout:

fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"NxCoreAccessService" failed to start: 2

from here the program runs as expected until... upon termination of one of a windows dll function call (whether by expected completion or by the CTRL-C user command during its execution) I receive the following errors and the program crashes:

wine: Call from 0x7fdf5f0c4218 to unimplemented function MSVCR90.dll.__C_specific_handler, aborting

err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 4048 bytes in thread 0009 eip 00007fdf5f0f768d esp 0000000000140630 stack 0x140000-0x141000-0x240000

I am currently running wine on slackware64 13.37 (configured for multilib) using the shared WoW64 setup, compiled from the current wine git repo. These issues exist whether using and referencing the 32 or 64-bit versions of the dll. The windows exe has only been tested in 32-bit mode (not sure if a 64-bit version exists).

Please help me resolve these issues; this program is intended to run as a never-die daemon, and the described unexpected behavior is obviously not ideal.