[Wine] JVM 7 fails to start

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Jan 2 10:22:15 CST 2012

On Mon, 2012-01-02 at 06:45 -0600, bobul wrote:
> Hi I am running the .exe file from the directory, where it is located.
>
> Result of running the ls -l is here: http://pastebin.com/Bi68VAMN
> i.e. I think the JRE is there allright. It runs OK on windows.
> Maybe I can try to use the absolute path in the config file.
>
> But there is a question - what is the root folder for application run
> within wine? (is it / or my home folder? or it is c:\?)

The current working directory is the directory you were in when you
issued the 'wine' command. As far as the app is concerned that will be
its current working directory as well, so jre and lib should be relative
to that. AFAIK absolute paths will always be relative to the 'drive
letter' symlinks in $WINEPREFIX/dosdevices: the C: symlink points to
$WINEPREFIX/drive_c, so that's the root of the default drive.

Martin