[Wine] Re: Unable to register the DLL/OCX

spennisi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 3 16:08:22 CST 2012

I have successfully installed Wine 1.3.35 but now I have a new problem. It now asking for Freetype. I installed Freetype 2.4.8.

sudo port install freetype
Password:
--->  Computing dependencies for freetype
--->  Cleaning freetype

Now when I try to run my window application "ATCS Monitor" I get this error message.

err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7bc616ce
Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
or equal to 2.0.5.
http://www.freetype.org
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVBVM60.DLL" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\ATCS Monitor\\atcsmon.exe" failed, status c0000005

Did I not install Freetype into Wine?