[Wine] Unable to register the DLL/OCX

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 13:33:58 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM, spennisi <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I have successfully installed Wine 1.3.35 but now I have a new problem. It now asking for Freetype. I installed
> Freetype 2.4.8.
>
> sudo port install freetype
> Password:
> --->  Computing dependencies for freetype
> --->  Cleaning freetype
>
> Now when I try to run my window application "ATCS Monitor" I get this error message.
>
> err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7bc616ce
> Wine cannot find the FreeType font library.  To enable Wine to
> use TrueType fonts please install a version of FreeType greater than
> or equal to 2.0.5.
> http://www.freetype.org
You need to log out and back in after installing Freetype.

> err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
> err:x11drv:process_attach failed to load libX11.6.dylib: dlopen(libX11.6.dylib, 266): image not found
This indicates that something is not correct with your X11 install.
Which version of X11 are you using, Apple or XQuartz>

> err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVBVM60.DLL" failed to initialize, aborting

winetricsk vb6run (you need the Visual Basic 6 runtimes installed
through the winetricks script.)

> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\ATCS Monitor\\atcsmon.exe" failed,
> status c0000005
>
> Did I not install Freetype into Wine?

You do not install Freetype into Wine, it is installed wherever you
installed MacPorts to.  Wine should be able to 'find' Freetype and use
it.  I use Fink and I have to log out and back in whenever I install
or update this program to get the new files to 'load'.

James