[Wine] LOTR BFME2 Wine Install

Bent wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 5 05:15:38 CST 2012

I am brand new to wine this is my first attempt at installing anything using this software. I need help installing Battle for Middle Earth 2. My first attempt I got it to install and then I would get a message when I tried to play it that I needed to insert the cd even though it was already installed. I follow the instructions of this website to install it the first time:

http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/#what-is

After trying to search google to find someone who had a similar problem and trying all kinds of things I could not get it to work so I decided to start back from square one. I started trying to follow the instructions on this website for this game, but then realized it was for an outdated Wine version. If someone could please help me with step by step instructions for a newb I would greatly appreciate any help!