[Wine] Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET problem

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:09:57 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 4:20 PM, easyw <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> with the develop version I get a lot of fixme..
> revert to stable version..
> cleaned .wine dirs
> re-tryied mono210 with winetricks ... not working...
>
> i tried once in mac with wine and mono 28 and it worked ... but I cannot replicate it on ubuntu and on another mac

One:  You did not follow dimesio's instructions.
Two:  Install wine-devel.  wine-stable or wine is very old (over one year now).
Three:  Try mono28.  When I tried to use mono210 there were issues
that I could not overcome.

All of the above should be done with a new Wine 'prefix' which is
located in $HOME/.wine.

James