[Wine] Re: Trouble running iTunes 10.5.2 in Wine under Ubuntu 11.10

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 7 10:00:31 CST 2012

sarginitial wrote:
>  the wine user guide said something about ./configure in the terminal and I tried it and installed a few things that it told me to, but then it got to something about Xfree86 and I didn't know how to install that.... again, noob... lol

./configure is used when you are building Wine yourself, and if you've already installed iTunes, then you must have already installed Wine, probably from a binary package from your distro, and you don't need to build it.

You didn't say what version of Wine you have or what version of iTunes. According to the AppDB, older versions of iTunes were usable, recent ones are much less likely to work. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1347