[Wine] Trouble getting AMOS software to run due to ActiveX?

jebyrnes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 7 12:53:09 CST 2012

Hello!  I'm trying to get the Structural Equation Modeling software AMOS to run on an Mac running OSX 10.6.8 with wine 1.2.3 from macports.

I'm running the student trial version from http://amosdevelopment.com/download/.

The install seemed to go fine, but now that I'm running it (wine AmosGraphicsCLI.exe) I keep getting errors.  First an error pops up

Error number:429
Source: PYHandler (AmosGraphics)
Call stack: mf Form_Load

Then the normal screen loads up, but, I keep getting the following popup error so that I cannot do anything...

Error number:429
Source: PYHandler (AmosGraphics)
Call stack: mf Form_Load

So, it appears that there is something up with ActiveX.  Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!  If I can get AMOS running on unix, it would be HUGE for a whole community of people!