[Wine] Re: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET problem

easyw wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 7 16:30:19 CST 2012

the installation works fine, but mono28 runs only if I manually add the path to the windows register HKEY_CURRENT_USER Environment
or if I run set path=%path%;"c:\Program Files\Mono-2.8.2\bin\"
in this way a program that needs mono runs correctly but only through the command:
mono program_name.exe (under wine)
if I launch the program directly under wine I obtain the error message
'wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables'
it seems that something is missing on environment during the installation...
(tried with wine stable and wine dev in a clean wineprefix)
1) any suggestion?
2) in which way can I install .net?
I tried to download and install
 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86)
but the installer doesn't complete the installation...
thanks