[Wine] Limiting the execution of Wine to allowed programs

tomsawyer2k5 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 8 21:40:41 CST 2012

My uncle has these kids who messed up their Windows computer on a monthly basis by going to unsafe websites.  So I had to fix it for them, multiple times.  There was a time when I went on strike, but because of the family I was "forced" into fixing it.  Lots and lots of hours wasted on fixing their computer problems and still they don't learn their lesson.

So, the past few months I changed them to Kubuntu.  No viruses since and no reinstalls done for a long while :D  Then a few days ago I found Linux Mint.  Loved it and am in the process of switching them over.  But there are a few games that I'd like to get working for them (they are die-hard sonic fans :) ).  No problem since I already got them working.

The issue I have with Wine is that, unlike before or I never noticed, every executable that Mint sees can be executed.  I don't want that.  Those kids like to download random executables and install them.

So, if I could prevent wine from running all the exe files except for the three games that I installed, like have some kind of allow list, then it would be perfect.  How do I go about doing this?