[Wine] Vampire -Bloodlines freezes with "fov 69"

Kodama wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 9 05:34:45 CST 2012

Hi,

I successfully installed Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines with Wine 1.1.36 and edited the hex values in engine.dll to get it to run a resolution of 1920x1080 as described in this tutorial;

http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/vampire-masquerade-bloodlines

I can also set "r_anamorphic 1" for widescreen. But when I type "fov 69" in the game console the screen freezes. The music is still playing and I can open and close the console with "^" but the game freezes at that point.

This ist not a major thing for me since the game runs just fine. But a field of vision change would be much appreciated for the original feel of the game.

Does anyone have an idea about that?
Thanks in advance
Greets
Andreas

P.S. I'm running the latest unofficial patch 7.9 and have glsl = disabled