[Wine] Playing Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 10:24:27 CST 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM, tyson_m <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a simple question (I think). I unearthed a copy of Warcraft II: Battle.net edition, and got a surge of nostalgia
> so I installed it.
>
> I have an Intel iMac running Snow Leopard. I was able to install the hybrid disc using Wine Bottler. (I mounted the
> Windows side of the disc via Terminal.) Now, when I hit "Play Warcraft II" it says that it can't find a file in the disc,
> even though it's in the drive.

One:  Please remove WineBottler.  It has not been updated for quite
some time and Wine 1.1.44 is not supported.
Two:  Use Fink or MacPorts to install the latest development version
of Wine, currently 1.3.36.
Three:  After installing Wine in this manner, start the winecfg
program from terminal (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal)  and
check the drives to see if there is a drive configuration for the DVD
drive.

James