[Wine] Re: Limiting the execution of Wine to allowed programs

tomsawyer2k5 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 10 21:36:04 CST 2012

Wow, um, I guess I should've mentioned that my linux knowledge is that of a novice.  I could do step 1, but all those other steps I do not know how to do.  All I did was add the wine repository to synaptic package manager's list and chose to install the dev/beta version.

Reading your idea makes sense as only the "Wine" user can directly modify the directory and as long as you're a different user, you cannot write to the C: directory thereby preventing any applications from being installed.

I was thinking something like having Mint not even recognize the .exe extension by removing the file association, but then how do I get Wine to execute the three games I've installed?