[Wine] Re: Rethinking WineConf

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jan 11 07:49:23 CST 2012

jwhite wrote:

> So then let's imagine that users now feel welcome, and they come in
> droves.  Aside from going to the pub, what would make for a good conference?

One thing I think you need to do to get more new people to come is to publish a clearer agenda beforehand. Saying "we'll figure it out as we go along" may be enough for the regular attendees, but I wouldn't expect many new people, users or developers, to spend the time and money based on that vague description.

I don't think ordinary users are likely to attend unless the conference  happens to be in their hometown, but some of the regular non-developer volunteers might. I, for one, would be very interested in is a session for AppDB admins and maintainers.