[Wine] Playing Warcraft II: Battle.net Edition

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:53:09 CST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:49 PM, tyson_m <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hello everyone again.
>
> To better help with a possible solution to my problem, here's what I have done so far, leading up to the CD can't be found error I'm experiencing:
>
> 1. Uninstalled Wine Bottler and its accompanying version of  Wine.
> 2. Installed Xcode from my Snow Leopard disc.
> 3. Downloaded and installed MacPorts.
> 4. Configured MacPorts as outlined here: http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/ (Step 2 of installation)
> 5. Installed Wine using MacPorts (in Terminal, I typed in sudo port install wine)
> 6. Once that was done, and before I proceeded with step 4 of the instructions in #4's link, I logged in as root in Terminal, typed in mount -t cd9660 -r /dev/disk1s1 warcraft2bne. (I made the folder warcraft2bne prior using the mkdir command.)

NEVER log into a Mac as root.  This is not necessary.  Log in as an
administrator and then mount the disk (this should happen
automatically with MacOSX 10.3 or higher anyway.)

> 9. Finally, I clicked on "Play Warcraft" in the same installation screen. And then, boom.  [Image:
> http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/8015/errorscreen.jpg ]

As interesting as error messages can be, it is way more valuable to
get a logging file from when you ran the program.

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal and
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#get_log provide steps on how to do this.  I
assume you know how to get to the terminal window as you installed
MacPorts and Wine.

James