[Wine] Re: Wine problems after OS upgrade - possible causes?

utis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 13 12:25:23 CST 2012

Sorry, for replying to my own post yet again.

While investigating the mystery that is Xorg, I thought: "Wait a second! If what you're currently investigating really adresses your problem, then the games should run just fine if you let Wine emulate a virtual desktop, shouldn't they?"

So I did let Wine emulate a virtual desktop -- and, voila: both games run just fine. Painfully and unplayably sluggish, but otherwise just fine.

So, assuming they would be running at an enjoyable speed once I can let them run in full screen (and assuming that X was indeed running the "fbdev" driver before my system upgrade, they should), all I have to do is to figure out how to enable lower screen resolutions.

I realise that this is not the right forum for this. But I can hardly be the only one who uses an Intel graphics chip with a wide screen monitor, so if anybody has the answer ready at hand, I'd appreciate it.