[Wine] Re: Doom Builder 1

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 13 17:32:39 CST 2012

Super Jamie wrote:
> My primary use for Wine is to run an application called Doom Builder 1.86. It's a GUI-based level editor for the 1994 id Software game Doom. It is available at http://www.doombuilder.com/

Are you sure you mean 1.86 and not 1.68? Because the link you posted has a download for versions 1.68 and 2.1.1.1466, but no 1.86.

I downloaded and tested both.

Version 1.68 needs winetricks vb5run wsh57. The app itself installs  msvbvm60.dll, oleaut32.dll, and olepro32.dll, so you don't have to copy any of them, but you do have to set oleaut32 and olepro32 to native, builtin in winecfg after installing. The app appears to work, but since I don't really know how to use it, I can't say how well. Everything I clicked on seemed to work.

Version 2.1.1.1466 needs winetricks dotnet20 installed before installing it. It throws up an error message when it first starts, but you can click through it and the app continues to run. How well it works--seems buggier than the older version (some button labels were garbled), but everything I clicked on seemed to work.