[Wine] Re: Wine OK on HP Mini 1000??

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 14 18:48:55 CST 2012

Joeonthelinux wrote:
> I also went to add /remove to see if wine was in there, but it is not. But it is installed on my system. How would I uninstall 1.0 ? Thanks a Lot

1.0 is very old, so yes, you do want to uninstall it. The current version is 1.3.37. As to how to uninstall it, that's a matter of knowing how to use your package manager. Check the Ubuntu documentation, and ask on their forum if you need help with that. (That's assuming Ubuntu is what you have; you need to verify that, and also figure out which version of Ubuntu it is.)

Once you've gotten 1.3.37 installed, follow these instructions to run the installer you downloaded: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f

If the installer still doesn't work, follow the instructions in the link vitamin gave you to get a log and post it here. (If it's long, use a site like pastebin and post a link.)