[Wine] How to close nicely a wine application from script

anto12358 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 15 06:55:49 CST 2012

I need to close nicely (i.e. just like pressing the x button on the window) a wine application (in this case uTorrent) from a script. I tried something like this:

kill -N `pgrep uTorrent.exe`

but no matter which signal number I use, it appears that the process is terminated badly. When it is restarted, uTorrent checks the started torrents, just like it does when it crashes. The same happens if I try ending wineserver (I couldn't do it anyway like this, because I have other wine processes running).

Is there a way to simulate a "clean" close from a script?

Thank you!