[Wine] Black screen -- MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers

Piccadilly wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 16 08:07:33 CST 2012

Hello!

I've tried to port these following games:

-Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers
-Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012

...but to no avail. My rig is Macbook Air 2010 2Gb and it runs Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard.

I've tried to use Wineskin with 1.3.37 engine and 2.5.3 wrapper. The results on AppDB are positive -- the games are running and everything is ok. Thought I could use 1.3.22 engine and install xact_jun2010 + d3dx9 through winetricks -- it still makes no difference. These games launch, play some in-game sounds and show me an in-game cursor, though everything else is pitch black. Unfortunately, I cannot play the card game only by listening.

I would be very grateful if someone explained me how to run a playable MTG game on Mac OS X. Perhaps I've done something wrong? A step-by-step guide could be nice.