[Wine] Re: coreldraw 9 almost loads hangs at self regestration

zeeboos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 16 23:17:20 CST 2012

dimesio wrote:

> zeeboos wrote:
> > I am using wine 1.3.28
>
> That version is old; the latest development release is 1.3.37.
>

> > They all say CHACHED under the status menu in winetricks now.  My Question is Does chached mean the process is done or is there something else I need to do to load these programs from winetricks.
>
> "Cached" means winetricks has already downloaded that file and saved it in its cache, and will not need to download it again if you need to install it again.
>

> > This is the first time I have used winetricks or tried loading a wine program.
>
> Some introductory information:
> http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ
> http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks

I uninstalled 1.3.28 version through following Ubuntu`s software center first.  Where it says remove and I hit enter and watched progress bar do its removal. I checked afterwards to make sure it was gone by going to the Icon above home and typed in wine.  It was no longer showing up there. Previously I could find wine that way so I assume it did remove the program 1.3.28

After removing the software I went to Ubuntu to get the latest version of wine and followed their link that said get latest version 1.3.  This time I pasted the terminal directions and it loaded the 1.3.28 verslon again.

Do I need to restart the computer after removing software?  I know in windows a lot of times you need to restart the computer for changes to really take place.  Thanks for the tip about 1.3.37 being the latest version, I just do not know how to load it.

Thanks for the tip about cashed but my winetricks only shows cashed to the 4 items I checked the others are blank. I just do not know how to load it.