[Wine] MS Office 2010 Home - activation and licenses

cviller wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Jan 17 02:30:33 CST 2012

Hi WineUsers,

I have been very pleased with experiencing how well office 2007 works on wine (1.3.35-37 clean prefix) and I can see that there is also good progress on 2010.

I have been considering buying the home license for 2010 so that I can try it out. However, I know that MS have some licensing scheme where you get to install it on 3 computers and that's it. Does anyone here have some experience with how this plays out with wine? Can I install it multiple times on each computer (if my prefix gets corrupted)?

Br,
Christian