[Wine] Improper install problems can't remove

consciousxchaos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Jan 20 22:16:23 CST 2012

I'm attempting to run wine on Ubuntu 10.04 and it is not working out well. Linux crashed during the initial installation of wine and when I rebooted it said the package had been installed. However, wine will not run applications or uninstall. When I attempt to uninstall it presents me with an error message saying there was an improper installation and I need to repair the software before I can remove it. I do not how to repair it either. I didn't see anything about this in the FAQ.